All items available at Topshop
We had a lot of love for Topshop’s fluffy knitwear a few weeks ago, but we’re a little less enamoured with some of the latest fluffy fashions to hit our favourite website.
With their lurid colours and long-haired wool, these pieces have more in common with The Muppets than they do with Lana del Rey and other fuzzy sweater-wearers: in fact the neon green number could work pretty well as a part of a last-minute Kermit the Frog Halloween costume, if you can just find some matching bottoms.
Do you hold it against them, though? Well, let’s see:
The case for the prosecution:
1. They’re (mostly) neon. Neon may well be fashionable at the moment, and God knows we’ve cried many a tear over that fact, but it can be hard to wear, and much too bright for some tastes.
2. The 90s are over: cropped, neon sweaters should be too.
3. Who really wants to be mistaken for a giant stuffed animal as they walk down the street?
The case for the defence:
1. They’re fun. We guess.
2. They’re “cosy”. (Ever notice that this is almost ALWAYS an argument for the defence?)
3. The fluffy fabric has a luxurious feel, and is a little more interesting than regular old knitwear.
So, three for three. Which side wins your vote, though? What do you think of these super-bright, super-fluffy sweaters and dresses, and would you wear them? Tell us in the comments section…