(PLEASE NOTE: All freelance positions have now been filled. Please subscribe to our RSS feed if you would like to be updated about any future positions.)
We want you as a new recruit! (But only if you fulfill the criteria below…)
The Fashion Police are currently looking for new recruits to help us police the world of fashion on a freelance, work-from-home basis. If you think you might fit the bill, please read on to find out what we’re looking for and how to apply.
We’re looking for freelance bloggers to assist us in sourcing and writing content for the site on a daily, weekly or other basis: we’re open to a variety of posting schedules. As a freelance contributor, you will work from home and submit content directly to the site via the admin panel; you can be based anywhere in the world, as long as you have an excellent command of written English. You’ll be responsible for sourcing your own stories, checking to make sure we haven’t covered the item or topic before, and adding the post to the system.
In order to apply, you must have all of the following:
- Substantial blogging experience, ideally on a professional basis. We’re looking for skilled writers who are used to writing for blogs, and who will be able to work with very little supervision.
- A passion for fashion, and the ability to source stories for the site. A familiarity with TheFashionPolice.net and the type of content we publish would be an advantage.
- Ability to use WordPress. As we are unable to provide training, familiarity with the WordPress blogging platform is essential, although we may also consider applications from bloggers who have substantial experience with a similar system such as Typepad or Moveable Type, and who feel that they will be able to quickly learn how to use our platform without special training.
- Access to Photoshop or other image editing software, and the ability to crop, re-size and watermark images.
- Knowledge of basic Search Engine Optimisation techniques, i.e. writing headlines, naming images, deeplinking within posts.
- Reliability. We’re looking for people we can depend on to provide posts to an agreed timescale, and who won’t let us down or have to be “chased” for work.
- A sense of humour. TheFashionPolice.net is a lighthearted site, and in order to write for us you’ll need to be able to adapt to our particular style: again, a familiarity with the type of writing we publish will be an advantage here!
How to Apply:
If you’ve read the above points and you still think you’re what we’re looking for, please send us:
- An email explaining why you’re the perfect person for the job.
- Links to examples of your work.
- Your regular rate for a 200-word blog post, of the type generally published on the site.
- A rough idea of how many posts per week you would be able to commit to.
- Any ideas you have for the type of content you’d like to write for us. (This isn’t essential, but would really help!)
Please send applications to amber @ thefashionpolice.net
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have any blogging experience, and do not meet the criteria above, we will not be able to accept your application.
EDIT: All freelance positions have now been filled. Please subscribe to our RSS feed if you would like to be updated about any future positions.)