It’s been a long time since our last Style Challenge, so we thought we’d start off this year with what we think is a fairly easy one!
Short-shorts have been popping up all over the place this winter, and we’ve had a few emails now from people wondering how to wear this traditionally summery item in the colder months of the year. We thought we’d let our readers answer that one for us, and we’ve picked out these cute little polka dot shorts from Miss Selfridge for you to play with.
Your challenge is to use Polyvore to build a winter-appropriate outfit around these, and post a link to your set in our comments section, so take a look under the jump to read the rules, and we’ll publish the resulting outfits next week!
IMPORTANT: Last year a few of you suggested you’d like to be able to vote for your favourite outfit in Style Challenge, so we’re going to give that a go and see how it works out. If you’d rather not have your set included in the vote, please just add a note to your comment asking us not to include it!
1. Log-in to Polyvore (you may need to create an account first, if you don’t already have one)
2. Create your outfit, save it and then…
3. You’ll find the shorts here. Build your outfit around them, and then post a link to your completed outfit in the comments on this post. We’ll publish them all next week sometime, and you can vote for your favourite. If you don’t want your outfit to be included in the voting, please add a note to your comment to let us know.
4. Please note: you’re free to post links to as many outfits as you like, but please be aware that we’ll only post one entry per person. You can let us know which one you’d like us to use if you wish – if you don’t specify one, we’ll just choose the first one posted.
5. Once you’ve posted your link, please double check it to make sure it’s working properly – we get a lot of people posting links to the Polyvore home page, so we don’t get to see your outfit!
6. Comments on this entry will close on Monday, at around midday GMT. Once the comments are closed, we won’t be able to accept any further entries, so make sure you get yours in early!